Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Random Wednesday #30 - Classic & Bubbly

Get ready for one of my best blogging friends in the ENTIRE world. Stesha was one of my very first friends that I made when I started my blog. We are each other's biggest supporters. She inspires me to go after my dreams and to never give up. She is not only drop dead gorg, but has a heart of gold. 

I am honored that she agreed to host Random Wednesday this week. Take it away, girlie!


Hello to all you fabulous Because Shanna Said So readers, My name is Stesha the writer behind Classic & Bubbly, a blog about fashion, photography, & all things random in my life! I am super excited to be guest posting for Shan while she is on her amazing adventure with Wallis to London. Before I get started I want to just say how unbelievably proud I am of Shanna. I knew she would win, this girl has the most loyal followers (yepp, thats you!!) than almost any other blogger out there & that is truly something special if you ask me.  Shan was one of the first bloggers I started having a friendship with back when our blogs were brand new & we have stayed close friends since, so watching this little mama achieve such huge success makes me so happy!

When Shan & I get on the phone we chat about blogging of course but mostly we chat about our businesses & our goals. We tell each other what we are aiming for, give feed back to one another, advice but most of all we give support. Last year I took a huge risk by quitting my boring 9-5 Monday - Friday job & following my dream of owning my own photography company. {Stesha Jordan Photography} I started blogging almost two years ago now because I wanted to indulge in my photography skills & expand on the idea of become a photographer. I have always been the kind of girl who does what I want when I want, & when I see something that attacks my attention I will do anything until I get it. Photography was just that for me.

I am a 26 year old single gal living in Phoenix with no kids, no mortgage, nothing holding me back. What better time to take the risk & follow my dreams? It has been the most wonderful experience!! Not an easy experience at all, but wonderful. I have had those all night editing sessions to meet deadlines, crying phone calls to my mom, sitting at home on the weekends because I didn't make any money the month before (yes a budget has really been put in place!) but in the end it has all paid off. Working from home, creating the perfect schedule, knowing all your hard work is going straight to your own company. Those feelings are indescribable!

Here are a few key thoughts for you to keep in mind if you are looking to achieve a dream:
+ if you have a dream  & you want it to come true make. a. plan. 
+ do not be scared to take the first step. 
+ yes there are always what if's, but then again there are always why not's as well
+ it will take hard work
+ you will have a mental break down or two.... or three
+ once the plans are in motion go with it, don't hold back
+ everyone has their opinion choose who's to listen too
+ do. what. makes. you. happy!



When I made my passion my career my life changed in the best way possible. My life will never be simple, I will never clock in & clock out, I will always have my phone on me, & stress will probably be around for a while but in the end I wouldn't have it any other way. If any of you ladies are thinking of taking that step & making your passion your career & are feeling scared or lost feel free to contact me.  I love hearing abut everyones dreams & seeing what I can do to help! 

Thank you for having me guest post today! Feel free to come on over to Classic & Bubbly and say a quick hello!

PS. Shan, I think I speak for all when I say we can't wait to hear about your trip & see the ah amazing photos!!
xxS


 **If you are linking up today, I kindly ask that you follow my blog and link back to it in your post. Oh, and go meet some new friends!
 

Shanna

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Stesha! I am so with you 100%!!! It can be SO frightening to take the leap of faith in the direction that you so badly want to go in! But it's so worth it when you finally look back and see the progress that was made : ) I am a photographer too! If you are ever in LA look me up!! I just opened a studio last year and have come so far...but I am so happy with that scary scary decision I made! Check out my site when you get a chance!

www.LoraKnightPhotography.com

And Shanna!!! I am on pins and needles to hear about everything!!!

xoxo
Lora
loraknight.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

So awesome, Stesha, that you are going for your dreams. I like the idea of "make a plan"...some people say, I'm going to follow my dreams!! but have no plan in place!

Unknown said...

This is so me at the moment. I am looking to go freelance full time and am now making a plan to make that jump!

Annie said...

Such a wonderful post Stesha, and great tips for following dreams :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

FitTravelerAJ said...

How awesome! Good for you for following your dreams, I'm so glad its paying off for you! And great tips...sometimes taking that leap is the scariest but best thing ever!

-AJ
FitTravelerAJ.com

Susan said...

What an inspiration!
I am ALL about following your dreams and we spend far too much time at work to not have it be something you love.
Good for you. xo

Always Maylee said...

Yay love Stesha! Keep following those dreams girl! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Danielle @ The-Lifestyle-Project said...

Stesha, what an inspiring post! Thanks for your encouragement! Following your dreams and taking that risk can be terrifying so it's really great when I hear from others who have made the jump and are loving life.

Shanna, hope you're having a wonderful time in London and looking forward to the update when you're back. Soak it all in!

www.the-lifestyle-project.com

According to Jax said...

I heart Stesha!! Great post lady! :)

Alyssa said...

Such a great post. I'm always so inspired when people no-holds-bared follow their dreams!

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Good for you Stesha for doing what you love! I admire you for quitting your job so that you can pursue something that you are passionate about. I bet you will do great!

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Janise said...

Congratulations! I admire you for pursuing your dream job. Please stop by when you get a chance to enter to win $100 Gift Certificate from Pixie Lily, a high end luxury children's clothing store.

xo,
Janise
http://mamainheels.com/2013/04/24/discovering-with-pixie-lily-plus-a-100-gift-certificate-giveaway/

Ashleigh said...

Good for you! You have to do what is right for you. I'd be scared to death without my steady paycheck but you are clearly making it work!
-Ash
www.thestylizedwannabe.com
enter my giveaway!

Rach said...

Such wonderful advice! It is so great to be able to follow your passions! :)

List Addict said...

Thanks so much for sharing your story and advise Stesha. Lovely to meet you and thanks so much for hosting this week!!

Charlie
Fur Earwig

renae said...

oh Stesha! Wow, you are speaking my language about setting goals and reaching them. I identify with you exactly. Coooooool and nice to meet ya! I'm #14 on the list above and Shanna is my new idol: Awwwwwwh ~ ( that was the heavens opening ~ )

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Stesha! So great to hear about people who are passionate and work hard to succeed!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Stesha! So great to hear about people who are passionate and work hard to succeed!

DESIGN + DEVELOPMENT BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL